- Biodiversity and ecosystem services (ES)
- Economy - including Natural Capital
- (Forest) social-ecological systems, climate and global change impacts
- Urban forestry and urban systems
1. Biodiversity and ecosystem services (ES)
- Desertification and water stress as a threat to ecosystems and their green and blue services
- Functioning of and processes in forest ecosystems and their societal roles and cultural services at landscape scales
- System understanding: Past and projected impacts of global climate change in forested landscapes - Mitigation measures
- Resilience, adaptability and scales - system responses to disturbances in forests Trees, forests and woodlands as (infra)structural elements supporting ecosystem services in rural landscapes.
2. Economy and Biodiversity
- Benefits and beneficiaries from forest ES
- Circular economy - what can forestry value chains contribute to green and blue services
- Inclusive / green and blue growth through forests in a landscape context
- Regulating and financial governance instruments - impact, applicability and successful implementation examples in a green-blue nexus context.
3. (Forest) social-ecological systems, climate and global change impacts
- Ecosystem - human interactions - managing and planning ecosystem services bundles and trade-offs in multi-actor contexts
- Forestry and agriculture - competitors or partners at landscape level?
- Globalization as a threat? Forests and their services and adaptive forest management in a tele-coupled world - how to harmonize policies and incentives for sustainable development at multiple scales
- Impacts and management of transitional and degraded forested systems for green and blue services
- Mapping vulnerability hotspots and risky areas for losing resilience and green and blue services provision.
4. Urban forestry and urban systems
- Green-blue infrastructures in cities: Managing urban landscapes and nature-based solution for urban inclusive growth to deliver benefits for human well-being
- Mitigating and protecting against environmental risks - role of urban forests for fighting disservices
- Urban forestry and urban sprawl - trends, risks and recommendations in different spatial planning systems, traditions and contexts.